Cadaver Game Guide
The Caves lie beneath the castle and contain several distinct areas: the mines, the mortuary, the gaol, the crypts, the chapel and the Kings tomb. A secret opening onto the marsh has allowed Karadoc to gain access unobserved. Karadoc starts in the old mine workings and is seeking the route up to the next level in the castle.
Note: the symbol N means go north, E go east etc.
1. First room: collect the pickaxe, coin and diary, N.
2. Pull lever (unlocks north door), N.
3. Collect sack of stones (weapon), W.
4. Kill creature, collect charm, S.
5. Collect runic stone, kill spider, N.
6. N, N.
7. Move sacks to reveal concealed green gem, collect green gem, kill worm, S.
8. E, E, S into main chamber.
9. Collect rope, kill worm, E, E.
10. Collect key, return to start room.
11. From start room E, pull lever (unlocks main chamber south door), open chest for clue about the gem behind the sacks (in case this was missed earlier).
12. Return to main chamber, kill/avoid worm, S.
13. Throw pickaxe at wall until it is low enough to jump or demolished, S.
14. Search skeleton for clue book, E.
15. Buttons unlock door to Dragon room, combination: 1 4 3 2, left hand button equals 1. Players can discover this combination later. Even though they may gain access to the dragon room now they will not have the power to destroy it, E.
16. Now at point A, N, W into the well.
17. Take key hidden under bones, beware of the sea monster, E.
18. W into store, open chest, collect coin, chicken and bread, W, N into gaol.
19. Collect coin on table, use key in keyhole in wall to raise pit cover in Cadaver store, read book, providing clue about gems and the pit, N into cadaver store.
20. E into cell 3, E.
21. E into cell 4, collect key, W.
22. Return to point A, E.
23. Collect green gem, press button in wall to raise pit cover in cadaver store, read book providing clue about gems and the pit, N into cadaver store.
24. Drop rope down hole, walk across hole to fall into pit.
25. Open rat to reveal key for east door, collect other key on floor and open chest, collect urn , E.
26. E into small room, collect green gems (you should now have 6 green gems in your rucksack), return to main pit room.
27. Throw all six gems into the large pool, you should be teleported. If you donít have all six gems, return to the connected passages through the east door, make a stack of stones or other useless objects and jump up to reach the chain hanging from the ceiling.
28. If you threw all six gems into the pool you will have been transported to point B. Either means of leaving the pit will eventually return you to point F. E into the embalming room.
29. Search the skeleton, collect the key, touching the corpse will disturb a monster, N into the balm store.
30. There are several potions upon a stone ledge: Cure poison, shot shield, stamina, poison (acrid). Consume and collect any of these you want. The key on the floor is for the keyhole in the west wall. It reveals 3 spiders but is not necessary. Return to embalming room and E into the purifactory.
31. Collect learn potion spell and giant jump potion (frogskin), return to embalming room.
32. The offal store (south) contains nothing of great value.
33. Return to the corridor with the row of buttons (W, W, W, W).
34. From the corridor with the row of buttons S, kill the hopping brain with stones. Insert key (skeleton) in the keyhole and S.
35. W, W into the mourning room, kill the hopping brain (itís asleep so it should be fairly easy unless it wakes up), collect the holy water flasks, collect the charm and S.
36. Kill the brain (this oneís not asleep so itís tougher), collect the key left by the dead brain, W, do not collect the crown as this is a fake.
37. N into the royal armoury, collect the bronze armour, the sword, red striped shield and bronze helmet, (this was the kingís personal armour), S, W into the ante room.
38. Press the button on the wall (without the Kings armour this would not work), this will transport you to the kings secret treasury, collect the crown, coins and charm and when finished pull lever.
39. You will now be back in the ante room, S, open the chest (key from brain), collect the joint of meat and coin.
40. Return to the mourning room and E into the passage, E, S. You should now be in the first room of the chapel, 2 bugs will be wandering around. These bite if you touch them and they spit shots. Kill/avoid the bugs, put out the flames in the bowls by jumping on them, this unlocks the east door, E into the Ďway of deathí.
41. E, E into the common crypt. Collect the key on the altar (revealed when the urn smashes), push the four stones off the altar to reveal a cure potion, collect the potion, push the two remaining urns off the slab to reveal a dispel trap spell and a canister of experience (open to get the experience), E into the shrine.
42. Collect the money and the other bag of stones, return to common crypt.
43. S into gluttons shrine, throw/drop the joint of meat onto the shrine to be rewarded with a super fast potion, collect potion, return to common crypt, W into passage.
44. N into lesser crypt, under heap of stones is runic stone (spell), S and N again to enter the priests crypt, search the large urn to reveal a charm and a worm, collect the charm, S, S into the warriors crypt.
45. Drop gold funerary coin onto the tomb of Kazah, collect potion (fire shield, save this for the dragon), N.
46. W, S, collect key, N, N into the lords crypt, N (you have already seen these two rooms if you came out of the pit using the gems), cast a dispel trap spell on the chest, open chest, collect charm, collect urn.
47. Return to the first room of the chapel, S into the next part of the chapel, kill or avoid bug, drop the urn of Lord Carolus onto the altar of Lord Carolus, collect spell (unknown and unusable until known, then massacre - save for dragon), S via inner sanctum.
48. From the inner sanctum W into the crematorium, place the urn of Ragnar the Chief alchemist onto the appropriate slab, collect flask of blood, return to inner sanctum.
49. Drop flask of blood on the high altar, collect the key and spell (read magic), use the key in the keyhole in the west wall, W.
50. Cast dispel trap spell onto chest, open chest and collect the runic stone (read language), N into the library, collect the spell (map), return to the inner sanctum.
51. Drop the unknown spell that you find earlier and cast read magic upon it, this will allow you to use it to kill the dragon, S, W into the purificatory.
52. Drop a flask of holy water into the bowl, drink the bowl, this will teleport you into a hidden treasure chamber, pull the lever, collect the reward, pull the lever, this will return you to the room adjacent to the purificatory, repeat as many times as you have flasks of holy water (max 3).
53. Having got the massacre spell and the fire shield potion, and the Kings crown you are fully equipped to face the dragon, return to the passage with the four buttons in a row, if youíve not pressed them press them in the order 1, 4, 3, 2, W, N into the dragon room.
54. Drink the fire shield potion to protect you from the fireballs, hold the massacre spell and press fire to cast it, the dragon will blow up, press the button on the wall, N and pull the lever, this will take you to level 2.
On entering level 2, you will have lost all objects from your rucksack that are not spells or potions (The idea of this is to free space in your rucksack). This level is set in the ground floor of castle Wulf. It's background is that it was inhabited by Carolus and his six captains : Axel, Brokson, Grimbold, Ragnar, Helm and Magnus. Here, they discussed policies, the rule of the castle and magic matters.
The aim of this level is to find, collect and return six transport stones created by Carolus for his captains, an urn that must contain the ashes of one of the captains, and an emerald to enable entry to the final room....
Things, of course, are not that easy.
Note: the symbol N means go north, E go east etc.
1) Nothing interesting. ,N
2) Open the chest on the floor and take the shot shield potion. Jump on the altar and open the strong box. (Beware of the flames, or, if you have the fire shield potion from level 1, use that to protect yourself). Get the shuriken and the wand (Massacre) ,N
3) There are two 'pump creatures' in here. Their shots are powerful but inaccurate, use the shot shield potion if needed, or shoot with the shuriken or magic missile spell from level 1. When dead, get the potion (Stamina). ,E (Either exit).,S (To chapel armoury)
4) (Spikes appear) To remove the spikes, pull the level when BOTH lights are black. Open the chest, get the shuriken, the books are quite interesting. After reading them, grab two or three of them.,N
5) Get the ashes, Search the altar, Get the urn and scroll. Jump up and touch the Rams skull. Drop the urn and INSERT the ashes into the urn, and pick it up again. ,N
6) OK... Throw a book when there is a gap between the moving stone blocks, you may need to try with a couple of books. When you have done this, discard any other books in the rucksack (You need the space) and pull the lever. Go under the stone blocks, but beware, they hurt if you touch them! ,E
7) Pull the lever and wait till the stone block it at full height. The door to the east is locked, but what you have done is to open up a short cut for later. This is non-essential, but gives you XP and easy way to escape to level 3. ,W,S,W,N (Back to Lords Shrine)
8) Open the casket and the strong box. Insert the Mind blast spell (Power 0) into the casket. Get the casket and insert the casket into the strong box. This recharges the mind blast spell. Open the strong box and the casket to recover your spell. Jump up and hit the two skulls, this again, opens a fast way back, but is non-essential. ,S and pick up the teleport stone. This will transport you to another room.,S
9) Quickly go for the coin, but avoid the slime (Difficult as the EYE will freeze you every so often) ,N. If the slime touched you, you will be poisoned. You should still have a Cure poison potion from level 1 (It may be unknown). Use this to cure yourself. Press the lever in the order : Left, Right, Middle, Left, Then press the button. ,W,S ... Hold your recharged Mind blast spell,W (Middle exit).
10) As soon as you enter, fire the Mind blast spell. This destroys all the pump creatures, making life a lot easier.,W
11) Drink the shot shield potion. Then quickly go get the coin and wand (Spell). ,W.
12) Press the button. Search the chair (Revels a switch). Pull the switch. Press the new button which gives a book, giving a clue to a long lost room. This room is a bonus room, which, if done correctly, will give you Mega-XP and Mega-GP! ,W
13) Pull the lever. ,E,N (Up stairs) ,S. Get the key and drop down to the chest. Open the chest, get the Gold 1st then the teleport stone, taking you to another room.,S,S,S.
14) Hurry now or the eye will freeze you and the slime poison you. ,E (Top exit). Get the clever on the floor. The barrel on the left of the screen is a stamina potion, drink it and be merry! ,W,E (Bottom exit). Grab the flask (Cure poison) ,W,S,S.
15) Be fast now... hurry and jump on the pan. Wait until it rises in the air, you can then touch, and open the floating chest! If you mistime the jump onto the pan, you will have to jump on the bed, and make your way to the pan. (You cannot move Karadoc when the bed is descending, to make life a little harder!). Grab the key that came from the chest. ,N,E.
16) Hold and cast the Sleep spell (Sleeping the watching guardian, and freeing your way) ,S.
17) Jump on the strongbox, and touch the trophy, you find a hidden switch, pull it for your exit. Open the strongbox and get the gold.,W. Press the button (Unlocking a door) Open the chest, Get the two bottles, then the teleporter, taking you to another room.
18) Go up the steps and push all 10 bottles off the platform onto the floor (...And if 10 green bottles should accidentally fall ..!) One bottle will reveal a key, and pushing all 10 will give you gold & XP bonus. ,N Insert key from bottle into keyhole ,E.
19) The key for the keyhole in this room is hidden under the wooden platform. Walk slowly under here, and you will eventually find it. Grab it and insert into the keyhole. This will lower a chain. Go onto the platform and pull the chain. Go down the pit.
20) Pull the level, go down the pit. Quickly, get the two keys, pull the level (revealing another chain and opening a block that releases another slime) run to the chain and just touch the chain (You automatically climb up).
21) Touch this chain (You climb up).,W,W,W. Throw the clever at the tortoise. Search the tortoise, and open it. Get the clever. Insert the key made of tortoise shell into the keyhole. ,N,N,E,N Go up stairs ,N,N.
22) Insert 2nd gold key into keyhole. Drink the superfast potion if you have one. Wait until the light goes black and run, get the coin and scroll. ,N. If you walk when the light isn't black, the gates will drop, barring your way, don't worry, there is another way into the room.
23) Open the chest and grab the transporter. Go back up the stairs and ,S,S,S Down the stairs and ,S,E. The coin bag that has appeared has nothing in. This happens the next three times you re-enter this room. ie: a new bag appears on the pressure pads that release darts. The 1st two bags are empty, the 2nd two contain gold. ,E,E,N,N
24) You should be in the main passage with the 3 eyes. Cast the Sleep spell to allow passage past the eyes. ,N and grab the final token. Go to the W.U.L.F. slot and insert the four tokens you have picked up. When you insert the fourth, the West door will open.,W.
25) Pull the lever and wait till the platform reaches the top. ,W.
26) Run quickly under the platform that the slime is on. Now, if you played level 1 correctly, you should still have a 'Dispel trap' spell. That can be used to open the chest on this platform. Move slowly West, letting the slime follow you (Above) and manoeuvre the slime so it pushes the chest off the platform. Cast the dispel trap spell, and open the chest. (Contains cash & XP).
27) You can now go west, kill the tortoise with the cleaver, open the tortoise to get the key and go West. This takes you to the room that you should of been in with point 23 above. But, if you walked over the pressure pad in the previous room, you will need to go into the room. (See point 23).
28) From the guard room (With the platform & slime) ,S. This room is another Bonus room. You don't need to do this room at all. :- Pull the lever, and go get the coin and shuriken. The gates will close and the mouth will start to talk to you. It will drop meat, leave this for later. He will then drop gold. Then he drops a Suicide potion, tempting the player to end his life. To escape, you can, with skill, throw this potion at the mouth, killing it and freeing your passage. If you miss, there is another way ... wait for the creature to enter the room, drop the meat, and push it through the bars, the creature will eat the meat and transport you out.
29) From the Guard room : Go up the stairs, ,E Get the potion & spell ,E and pull the lever ,W and drop down to ground level ,E,E.
30) Pull the lever, push the board over the pit, get on the board, and pull the lever ,N (High exit). Get the key, ,E.
31) The three eyes guard the gems, so cast your Sleep spell, and get the gems. Go back up the stairs, and ,W,S,S,E.
32) Get the spherical Gem and the spell. The spell allows you to open two of the three chest in this room : Chest 1 = 2 bags of gold, Chest 2 = Bless potion spell (Increases the power of any potion) Chest 3 = a stamina potion. (If you are low on stamina, open chest 2 and 3, and cast the Bless potion spell on the stamina. ,W and drop down.
33) Get near the pillar, drink the Strength potion, and pull the pillar over to where the three items on the shelf are. Of these three, you only need the key, the other two items are bonus's. So, push the pillar onto the shelf with the key, this will either knock the key to the floor, or knock it onto the pillar. If it lands on the pillar, push the pillar back the wooden shelf where it started from, push the pillar under this shelf, the shelf will push the key off! Keep getting the other items until the strength potion wears off. The key lets you escape from this room. ,W,S. (To the Main passage with the Gem Lock and the fly in.)
34) Insert the three green gems in the order the shape of the hole is. OK... By this time you will be running short of space in your rucksack ... it gets worse! A hint is to drop the Urn, 4*Teleporters, and the two green alcohol bottles in this room, you will be coming back this way. ,E.
35) Walk so you are a little less than 1 tile away from the moving spikes .. and jump as best you can, be careful, more spikes appear .. twice. It is a very tricky room this! If you have a giant jump potion, it will help. ,E
36) Grab the key and, without moving any further, throw the key between the bars (You cant get past with the key in your possession. Touch the bars, get the key and walk on ,E
37) It is advisable to kill the slime from here, using a massacre or the shurikens. ,N,N,E.
38) Get the spike. You can open the chest which will give you cash but lock you in. To escape, pull the rack away from the wall, and the key in this room in the keyhole. Pull the chain that is revealed.,W.
39) Open the chest and get the gauntlet. Press the button to open the hole and insert the spike in the hole (Pressing the trigger you cant reach, and unlocking a door). ,S
40) Jump up and touch the brown wall hanging. Move the bucket to stand on and press the button that was revealed. Open the revealed chest, Get the meat and gold ,E
41) Get the meat and give this meat, and the meat from the last room to the mouth on the wall. Get the two bottles. ,S,W and get the transporter. Insert the key into the keyhole, unbarring your way back. ,E.
42) Pull the lever, which blocks the exits W & E with stone blocks. The blood and bones should give you a clue that something is amiss here! Touching the gem on the floor will move the stone blocks, killing you. So, you have to use one of the bones, or pieces of armour to push the gem out of harms way, then pick it up ... try it and see! Going North from here is a bonus room, and need not be done but if you do ,N.
43) Entering the room north will lock the door behind you. And the mouth will start a conversation with you. You can throw the food to the mouth, however it is useless even though he asks for it. The way to escape it to throw the poison potion (In this room) at the mouth, killing it and giving gold and XP, and a way out. ,S
44) (From the Guard hall) ,E. Go up the 1st set of stairs, ,N. Touch the 2nd from the right bar, it will move out of the way, and go and get the wand and gold. Pull the lever (That unlocks a door in the previous room). Touch the 2nd from the left bar to reveal your escape. (Note : Touching all the other bars will damage you). ,S
45) Pull the lever once. Push the board over the pit (In the middle) and pull the lever a further two times. Jump on the board and press the button (This help in the next room). Go up the 2nd set of steps ,N. Drink the Fire shield potion and get the gem.,S,S,S,S
46) A Very tricky room so save the game. Press the button. Get onto the central platform and get the gem. Goto the North edge on the central platform and wait for the revolving board to move round near you then walk onto the moving platform, go round with it and go back through the door you came in.,N,E.
47) Insert the three green gems in the correct order. Go down the stairs.,N
48) Press the button,,W and get the key. ,E and insert the key into the keyhole.,E, up the stairs and ,N (Ignore the far north door, it is false).,W.
49) Hold the gauntlet and open the strongbox (The gauntlet protects you from the acid). Get the cash, shuriken and discard the gauntlet. ,E,N,W
50) Get the gold, open the strongbox, get the three bags. These bags, you will notice are closed, and the gold is not recoverable.,E.
51) The bars will drop. There are two ways to get the gold out. a) Drop all three bags in this room, pull the lever, grab the gold and go E. b) one by one, from the last room, insert a bag into the small, lead lined casket, and go east,east (The bars don't drop as the lead shields the eyes view of the gold.) do this three times.
52) (from side tunnel east of room with the bars.) drink a shot shield potion.,S (Second door) Run and grab the key, ,N Insert the key in the keyhole ,N (second door). The other room to the north off this corridor is used in the puzzle to give you mega-XP and mega-GP!!
53) Open the chest and get the two keys. Now, the three bags of gold you recovered can be sacrificed to the mouth for three clues, or keep them and they will give up their gold at a later date. Touch the skull to the west and press it. (Activates the east teleporter.) Grab the east teleporter. (The teleporter to the west is bad, and, will take you right back to the 1st room ... the clues with the gold tell you this.)
54),W,S,S. The platform will start moving, get off it into the central platform. Get the spell. Goto the south edge of the central platform. Again, this is tricky, so save the game. As the moving platform moves in front of you, get on it. As you pass the button, press it and jump to the east immediately. Again, go to the south of the central platform and get on the moving platform as it passes you. This time, go through the door that has been revealed.,N
55) You are now in the maze. All the doors are locked, so use your Unlock door spell to go around. Beware as you explore, as some rooms have creatures in. The maze is a 4*4 square of rooms. You must make your way to the top left (NW) room. When you get there, pull the lever, get the gold and unlock the door . You can now, go through the door, get the emerald, and proceed as follows : Otherwise, you can go back through the maze, getting some gold and other items. (GOTO Point 59)
NOT GOING BACK THROUGH THE MAZE
56) ,W,S,W,W,N,W Get all the gear you need (Four teleporters and the urn) ,S,W,W,W,N. You should now be in the Side Hall (The room that tells you 'you cannot enter as you are not a captain ,E. You lose all your spells, weapons and magic when you enter here, so drink all your stamina remaining before you go in.
57) Drop the urn on the block. Drop the Emerald on the block. Now, drop the six teleporters in the hole that appears ,E
58) Pull the lever, go onto the blood circle and wait ... you are now in level 3!.
GOING BACK THROUGH THE MAZE
59) (From the maze room with the lever.) ,N,E,N (Beware of the creature) ,N,W Pull the lever, drink the stamina. ,N,N,N,N,E,E,E,E Pull the lever. You can now get the teleporters to move you around, and eventually go back through the room with the moving platform back past the crushing blocks and make your way as with point 56.
You enter level 3 In the main passage after being transported from level 2. In this level resides the Spirit of King Wulf. When found, he will ask you to help free his soul, and in return, he will help you to reach the higher levels of the castle, and thereafter, kill Dianos.
To do this, you must find the five ingredients to concoct a brew to do this. The King will tell you more when you get there .....
1) Nothing interesting S (Mind the gap) E.
2) Collect the three stones, Jump and hit your head on the lever. This will part the bars, giving your escape. Get the other three stones. Descend the stairs.
3) Move the barrels, and get the bag of stones. Go up the stairs. W
4) Pull lever. Try to dodge the spiders and get the key and shuriken. S. Use the key in the keyhole. S.
5) Open the chest and get all the contents (Read the book). S.
6) (The king is here) Touch the king (He tells you the first of six orders which you must follow) collect key, collect candle. N,N,N,E,D,N
7) Insert key in keyhole S,U,W,S,S, pull lever on floor, drop through pit.
8) Collect crown, open chest, get orb, insert key into keyhole, return to King.
9) Give crown to king, (King eventually gives second order and key), collect key.
10) N, E, insert key into keyhole, E, E, E, E, W, collect handle, E, N, collect bottle, read book, W, W, open chest, collect key, S, E, E.
11) Insert key in keyhole, wait till platform descends.
12) N, W, drop candle on one of the blood circles (it should now start to flicker), N, W
13) pull lever on west wall twice, S, collect bottle, collect candle, drink bottle with key in it, collect key recover from drunkenness, N
14) open chest, collect two candles, S from lower of two steps, pull lever (either collect gold or exit as soon as possible, E
15) drop remaining 3 candles on remaining 3 circles till they all flicker (this will teleport you to here later), W (in north west corner), N
16) Insert handle into empty lever slot, pull lever, E, kill spider, E, step on four blood circles (transports you to candle room), dispel trap on chest open chest collect all contents. Return to room with 4 blood circles.
17) W (on lower of two steps) press right hand button only, S, E, open casket, get key, press button, get gem, N, S.
18) Get herbs, insert key in keyhole, S, N up low steps, W, W through NW door, N, S through higher step, S, return to King.
19) Drop herbs on font, read message, collect key, N, N, N, E, throw stone at lever, through gap in bars, W, N, insert key in keyhole.
20) W, collect coins, donít die, collect gems, W, throw stone onto ramp until ball falls down hole, cross pits, pull lever, W, open right hand food safe, eat food, eat chicken, S, E.
21) get rock, search barrels till find meat, collect raw meat, W, S, drop raw meat on charcoal, eat cooked meat, collect small key, S, W.
22) Insert rock in hole, line up barrels with hole, pull lever, collect contents of any broken barrels, repeat until all barrels are gone, collect key, collect rock.
23) Open chest, get all contents, E, E. (you should now be back in the room with the spider)
24) Cast massacre spell, W, S, open chest, collect twigs, N, E, use twigs to push key out from inside the bars, collect key.
25) W, S, insert key in keyhole, insert rock in hole, move barrels to find lever, pull lever, move silver bowl to show key, collect key, N, W.
26) Insert key in keyhole, S, open chest, get potions, move chest to south wall, stand on chest, throw spare objects onto shelf in order to make the ball roll round the corner and knock off the barrel. Once this is achieved search barrel, collect real green flask (the one from the barrel).
27) Insert token into slot, return to King, drop flask on font, listen to king, collect key.
28) W, S, insert key in keyhole, W, drink red potion (super fast) jump over spikes, W.
29) Stand on pressure pad, W, jump over spikes, search barrel, collect bag of stones, open chest, get all, E, S.
30) Push strongbox off platform, open chest, collect gem, drop four gems on four holes, E.
31) Wait for rock to fall, collect stones, S.
32) Throw stone at lever on west wall, S.
33) S, stand on platform pull higher lever on west wall, do not fall off, S, S.
34) Climb stairs, open all chests, collect all keys, collect all sacks, drop through South West hole, pull lever, drop off platform.
35) W, drop five stones down small hole, climb on chest to reach keyhole, insert key in keyhole, N.
36) Run through room before timer expires, collect as much money as possible, E, E.
37) Open chest, collect contents, open chest, collect contents, pull lever three times, pull levers on north walls, N.
38) Pull levers in correct order (right to left), W.
39) Pull lever, W, pull lever, insert key in keyhole, N.
40) Climb on platform, avoid dying, E.
41) Pull lever, climb on platform, E, N.
42) Pull lever on floor, drink strength potion, push board up to the hole in the west wall, drink super fast, jump pit, collect key, S, pull lever, open chest, collect key, N, jump pit, insert key in north keyhole, get handle, S, insert handle in empty lever, pull lever, N.
43) Pull lever on north wall, N.
44) collect all, cast dispel trap on chest, open chest get all, pull lever, S, E, insert coin in slot, return to king. Put the sack of white powders onto the font and get the key.
1. From the King go E,S, insert the key in the keyhole.
2. E, get small key, E
3. N, kill spider, climb on barrels and search shield to find small key. Wait till the hole on the wall fires out a rams skull, collect the rams skull. Climb the stairs to room above.
4. Get wand hidden between chest and stone block. Open chest, get spell, get casket, get bottle.
5. Dispel trap on casket you have just collected, open and get large key. Drop red fish casket (red herring). Open casket with Singu Teniel Vitreng written on it, get read magic spell.
6. Cast read magic on unknown spell. Down, S, use large grey key in keyhole, E.
7. Drag chest W onto platform, pull lever, wait till platform returns, pull lever and jump onto platform, you go upstairs.
8. Get wand from under armour, get coins, search pillow to get casket.
9. Cast unlock chest spell onto large chest, get key, get cash and get holy symbol.
10. Drop down through hole, place wand marked Laguna on far right stone block, place wand marked Durrigan on far left stone block, W, S.
11. Drop casket with image of key upon it, open casket, insert heavy brass key, open casket to get large iron key, insert key in keyhole, S.
12. Press button to select first platform, pull lever to set it moving, pull lever again to stop it, position it to form a step leading to the west of the room. Keep pressing button to select next platform and repeat process. The objective is to construct a staircase leading to the room above, when you have done this climb it.
13. Firstly read book, get lever, drop holy symbol onto stone block, get wand, get casket. Open the chest and get the two spells. Go downstairs.
14. Cast read language on black book, get book, read book. N.
15. Cast massacre spell to kill gargoyle, collect small kek, kill other gargoyle (optional), S.
16. Open chest, get giant jump potion, N.
17. Insert handle into far right lever slot, pull lever, N, E.
18. Drop matil wand on centre stone block, casket drops from ceiling, dispel trap on casket, open and get large key, get three wands from stone blocks, W, S, E.
18. Drop a bag of stones, or other large item, drink giant jump potion, jump on object, jump on wooden platform, pull lever, drop down.
19. Use judgement to climb staircase to corridor above.
20. Insert key in keyhole, W.
21. Drop black book down hole by black stone, drop green bottle down hole by green stone, drop red casket, down hole by red stone, drop rams skull down hole by yellow stone, get enchant liquid spell that should have appeared.
22. E, down, W, N, W, unlock door using wand, W, N, W.
23. Cast enchant liquid spell on the font.
You will now be given the key to the guard barracks, this section is heavily populated by monsters and though the puzzles are not too difficult it is very dangerous. In order to serve the finished potion it will be necessary to recover the ancient chalice of the Wulfs. This can be found at the end of this section. With that complete the King should allow you to go on to level 4.
24. Collect the next key. W, insert key in keyhole, W, W.
25. Kill lower goblin with weapon, avoid rocks of upper goblin, N.
26. Kill both gargoyles, get key from behind wooden board, pull lever, S, E.
27. Insert key in keyhole, E, E, N, N, W, S.
28. Climb stairs and kill goblin, avoid rocks from other goblins, get key, insert key in keyhole,W.
29. Get both keys, kill both gargoyles, W.
30. Insert gold keys in correct keyholes, avoid death, kill volcanoes, N.
31. Search pillow, get key, S.
32. Dispel trap on chest, open chest, get orb and wand.
33. Cast poltergeist spell three times, N, E, S.
34. Get key from centre of room, insert key in keyhole, E, S, E, E, E, N, E, E, E, E, E, N, W, W, N.
35. You should now be in the north west corner of the Royal Maze, open the chest (it was moved by the poltergeist spell from the Guards area).
36. Get, chalice, return to King's ghost.
37. Drop chalice on font. Give full chalice to King, get key, N.
38. Drop through pit in centre of room, S, W, insert key in keyhole, W.
39. Climb stairs to Level 4.
The fourth level of the Castle Wulf was the residential floor of the King. There are bedrooms, kitchens and libraries. Much of it has become very bizarre since the fall of the king and a host of demons have taken up residence here at Dianos's bidding. The aim of the level is to get 4 gold keys which will allow you to reach level 5.
The first section involves the old bedrooms of King Wulf and the secret chambers his wife used while carrying on an affair with Lord Carolus. The objective of this section is simply to get past it. In the next section, the old Kitchens, the task is to break open a stone ball, this is done using a combination of objects and puzzles and will reward you with your first Gold key.
Section 3 is a strange collection of mental puzzles and gambling. This is where Wulf and Dianos would be found relaxing. One of the Gold keys is easily attained here, however there are a number of diversionary quests that should keep you occupied for some time. The final section is the old Libraries of the Court. The main task is to rebuild the Planetarium, to do this you must find 5 planets.
A final note on the demons. These ungodly creatures must firstly be made vulnerable to attack. If there is a red circle in front of them you must drop a candle within it. If there is no red circle cast a dispel evil spell.
1).Northeast Solar Open the chest, collect the super fast potion and the read language spell. Walk over the pressure pads, clockwise from the top of the screen. Collect the unlock door wand which should appear near the chest. Exit W.
2).Kings Passage Use the unlock door spell, to exit W.
3).Royal Chamber Open the chest and collect dispel evil orb. Exit S.
4).Store Room Open the chest and collect the key. Exit N, W.
5).Nameless Corridor Use key in the keyhole. Exit N.
6).Kings Bedroom Search the pillow, collect casket, pull lever. Exit W.
7).Queens Bedroom Search the first bush, collect the small brass key, open the chest and collect the unlock chest spell, collect one bottle of wine. Search the right hand tapestry and press the button. Return to the Store Room (4)
8).Store Room Exit W.
9).Secret Store Collect the water potion, collect the Rams Skull, open the chest and collect all four bombs. Drop one bomb and press it, when it blows up it should reveal a secret door. Exit W.
10).Pit Room Walk carefully around the edge of the pit. Exit S.
11).Queens Shrine Cast unlock chest upon the chest, collect bless potion spell, the giant jump potion and collect the dispel trap spell. Return to the Nameless Corridor and exit W.
12).Nameless Corridor (ii) Drink giant jump potion and super fast potion and jump across the pit and spikes. Exit W. (using the unlock door spell)
13).Guards Search pillow and collect shirikan, open square block on the wall and collect key. Exit N.
14).Guard Post Drop water potion onto the small chest key to wash away the poison. Cast dispel trap on the chest, open it, collect the book and the strength potion. Return to the Kings Bedroom (6)
15). Kings Bedroom Use large key on the keyhole. Exit E.
16).Kings Chapel Drop the skull on the altar and read the book which begins "At tanume tue vendum....". Open the casket, collect the chest key and open the grey chest. Collect the two orbs. Drop Finvars Casket of Recharging, insert Finvars Potion Booster spell, open the casket and collect the recharged spell. Cast the potion booster spell on the weak strength potion. Collect the strength potion. Press the triangular button on the south side of the altar and collect the two candles. Return to the Queens Shrine.
17).Queens Shrine Collect candles, drink strength potion, and pull the altar back to reveal a hidden button, press the button and return the altar to its original position. Return to the pit room
18).Pit Room Use a bomb to blow away the hidden door. Exit W.
19).Trophy Room Search the trophy's mouth, this provides you with a small note, press the button in the trophy's mouth. Return to the Queens Shrine
20).Queens Shrine Drop bottle of wine on the altar, open the casket that falls from the ceiling, collect the key. Return to the Trophy Room
21).Trophy Room Insert the key into the lock when the light on the clock is at the top. Return to the Secret store, search the trophy and press the button, return to the Trophy Room and press the button in the trophy again, this will reveal the blocks covering a door. Exit W.
22).North Passage Pull lever, walk through the bars, collect the money bags, do not collect the one painted with magical runes, collect the key and pull the lever to reveal a door to the West. Exit W.
23).Bedroom Open the grey chest, collect the magic missile wand, oil flask and cure poison potion. Search the light and press the secret button that you find. Search the pillow and collect the small chest key. Cast dispel trap on the wooden chest and open it, collect the money and shirikan. If you have any bombs left drop them near where the tapestry was raised. This should reveal a secret door. Exit W.
24).Secret Room In order to kill the demon cast dispel evil. Then use the magic missile wands on the demon to kill it, drink super fast and jump across the pit to collect the bag of holding. Return to the Guards.
25).Guards Pull right lever and then left lever. Exit N.
26).Guard Post Unlock West door. Exit W.
27).Northwest Solar Drop any candle into the circle on the floor, this makes the demon vulnerable, use a magic missile or shirikan to kill the demon. This is quite difficult so you would be best advised to save the game just before fighting it. Exit S.
28).Little Passage Exit S.
29).Royal Gaol Pull lever until you can reach the iron chest, drag the chest free of the bars. Exit S.
30).Cistern Room Exit S.
31).West Hall Exit E.
32).Upper Kitchen Search the grey jars to find a small chest key and collect the copper bowl Exit E.
33).West Passage Read book and collect the unlock chest spell. Return to the Royal Gaol.
34).Royal Gaol Cast unlock chest spell on the chest, collect the stones and the dispel trap spell. return to the West Hall
35).West Hall Exit S.
36).Wulf's View Use the unlock door spell to exit N. Exit N.
37).Pump Room Cast dispel trap on the wooden chest and collect all its contents and eat the cheeses. Place the copper bowl below the pumps spout, pump the handle until water appears in the bowl. Take the bowl and return to the Cistern Room.
38).Cistern Room Unlock the door to the East. Drop the bowl of water onto the cistern, water should now flow along the pipe. Exit E.
39).Oil Store Place the oil flask below the tap on the barrel, when the barrel is full, turn the tap and collect the oil flask when it is full. Return to the Upper Kitchen.
40).Upper Kitchen Drop the full oil flask on the flame. The resulting fireball destroys part of the shelf allowing the ball to drop and smash. Inside is a key, collect the key. Return to Wulf's View.
41).Wulf's View Unlock the door to the South using the spell. Exit S
42).Carvers Hall Throw the stones through the bars so the ball pushes the potion through the bars. Collect the giant jump potion. Return to Wulf's View and use the potion to recover the key from the platform. Return to the Carbers hall and use the key in the lock. Exit S.
43).Southwest Hall Drop a candle in the small red circle and then kill the demon. Exit S.
44).Small Store Use a combination of unlock chest and dispel trap spells to open the nested chests, collect all the contents and, Exit N and then E.
45).Little Passage Unlock the South door using the grey key.
46).Box Room Pull the lever and then return it to the up position. Exit E.
47).Halbs Delight Slide around the large boxes until a gap is made in front of the door, one or two of the blocks cannot be moved and the one in front of the door has a life of its own. Exit N.
48).Inner Passage Use the giant jump potion to reach the wooden shelf, collect the immortal potion and casket, open the casket and collect the four tokens. Pull the lever and exit E.
49).South Passage Drink your immortal potion and jump over the spikes pull the lever to blow them up. Exit S.
50).South Chamber Open the chest, collect the gold key. Slide around the tiles that spell DIANOS so that they read the same along the other track. Exit N.
51).Wardens Room Search the thief, he needs an alkali potion to make him feel well enough to talk to you. Exit S and E by casting unlock door spell.
52).Helms Doom Collect the bottle that restores alkali balance and return to the Wardens Room. Give the bottle to the thief, he will eventually give you the combination to escape, 1432. He will then ask you to bring him a poison. Exit S. then E. then N
53).Gamblers Den Use the three tokens to gamble on the rotundas. The extreme right hand one is a low risk low return machine that provides extra tokens. The middle rotunda is higher risk higher return that also provides green tokens. The left hand rotunda gambles tokens for potions, money, or an occasional key. Use the right and middle rotunda to generate as many tokens as possible then use them in the left hand machine to get potions and a grey key. There is a magic missile spell hidden behind the stairs. When you are satisfied or broke exit E.
54).Malladins Pits The four pits lead to four different challenges:
West Pit, The Resting Chamber - use the fertiliser to grow a shoot so that you can reach the lever, pull it and collect the chest key. Open the chest and collect all items except the books. Drink the 'sweat potion' (strength) and push the metal bars aside. Wait until the clock has gone around four times and then unlock the door. Exit N. and collect the 'fizzy' potion (poison). Follow 'Exit' sequence. Give the poison to the thief. Return to Malladins Pits.
North Pit, Great Pit - collect the gold and follow the 'Exit' sequence.
South Pit, Outer Pit - keep collecting the money sacks, if roots start to grow in front of the door, leave (the door only unlocks after a certain amount of time). The roots will eventually block off your exit so be careful. Collect the dispel trap spell. Exit S. and then S. then follow the 'Exit' sequence. The door only unlocks after a certain amount of time.
East Pit, Fire Pit - withstand the fire balls until part of the metal flooring disappears, drop through and exit S. Collect the three spells and follow the 'Exit' sequence.
'Exit' sequence - from the Great Pit go E - S - S - S - you will now be in the Inner Passage, retrace your steps back to Malladins Pits. From Malladins Pits exit E. then E.
55).Southeast Hall. Cast dispel evil and kill the two demons. Use unlock door spell to exit N.
56).Learned Hall. Pull the lever and exit W.
57).Symbolists Hall Remember the order of the shaped blocks on the posts. Exit E. then E.
58).Symbolists Hall (ii) Pull the levers in this order (L = left, R = right) L R R L. A button should now have appeared on the wall. Press it (the aim of the puzzle is to arrange the shaped blocks in the same order as those in the other room. Exit E.
59).Book Store Read the books and note their contents for clues. Read books several times to see if there is more than one message. Exit W. then W.
60).Symbolists Hall Press the button then exit W.
61).Sealed Chamber Open the chest and collect the planet (Earth) without pressing any of the buttons, then exit E. then E.
60).Learned Hall Exit N.
61).Learned Hall (ii) Exit E.
62).Quadratica (this is later referred to as the room with square walls) Do not bother opening the chest. Read all the books, and collect the 'dry sandy' planet (Chaos). Exit W. then N.
62).Learned Hall (iii) Exit E.
63).Dianos's Library Read all books, keep reading the book on marriage and funeral customs of the Southlands until a spell appears. Collect the spell. Search the tapestry and collect the small key that emerges. Exit W. then W.
64).Side Chamber Do not bother with the puzzle in this room unless you feel like it. It is not essential to completing the game. Exit W.
65.)Nameless Room Open the chest and collect all the contents. Cast the read magic spell on the unknown spell. Return to the Quadratica.
66).Quadratica position the chest along the north wall, fifth tile from the left, jump onto it and then jump up, your head should hit a secret panel and a small white planet should fall out. Collect the planet (this is called the Moon). Return to the Learned Hall (ii)
67).Learned Hall (ii) You have to set the 4 levers to 4 numbers in any order. You do this by setting a lever to either +, - or neutral. For example the number 29 is made by adding 27, subtracting 3 and adding 1. Thus the levers will be in the following positions 27 - up, 9 - mid, 3 - down and 1 - up. Use this principal to create the numbers 29, 32, 16 and 7. Once you have done this the door to the West will unlock. Exit W.
68).Queens Library Cast unlock chest on the chest, collect the planet (Sun). Exit W.
69).Wisdoms Hall Collect the planet (Red planet) and return to the nameless room (65) and exit S. to the Upper room.
70).Upper Room You should now have 5 planets in your rucksack (Earth, Sun, Moon, Red and Chaos), these will be dropped through the holes in the floor to land on spikes in the Planetarium (North of the Queens Library). They should be dropped through the following holes:
Top - Sun, Left - Red, Right - Moon ,Bottom - Earth
Now return to the Queens Library and exit N. into the Planetarium.
71).Planetarium Because you got the planets in the correct positions, the globe in the centre has stopped spinning (honestly it was spinning before). Search the globe, press the hidden switch, collect the two keys and return to the upper room.
72).Upper Room Drop the 'Chaos' planet through any of the holes and return to the Planetarium.
73).Planetarium Press the button on the black globe and collect the grey key. Return to Wisdoms Hall.
74).Wisdoms Hall. Collect all the wooden planks and Exit W.
75).East Passage. This is the final approach to the last room. Use the grey key you collected from the Planetarium in the keyhole then use the planks to cross the floor without touching it (it is electrocuted). Exit W.
76).Central Hall In here are three demons. Firstly cast a dispel evil spell. Then give them everything you've got. Once they are dead insert the four gold keys into the four keyholes in the order given to you by the thief. 1 is the extreme left hand keyhole and 4 is the right hand one. Once this is done walk to the centre of the room and go to level 5.
Level 5. The confrontation.
At last you have reached the final level of castle Wulf. Dianos is waiting for you in the final room. The aim of the level is to collect the necessary items for his destruction and to reach that final room. Dianos has left a profusion of traps and puzzles to stop you. You will need all the skills that you have gained in the previous levels to succeed, Good luck.
1) .Great Tower Quickly get the marble gem stone and exit East.
2).North Bridge Get the second marble gem stone and find the pressure pad located close to the south wall. Walk over it to reveal a skull lock. Go and insert the two marble gems into the skull lock and exit East.
3) .Ward Room Jump up on the posts and get the potion bottles (Do this quickly as the power gems are damaging your health). Exit East.
4) .Helmís Bridge Pull the first lever. Go under the wooden block when it raises. Pull the second lever and run to the east door. Stand as close as you can get to it and wait, the two flails that appeared will not harm you. Run back, press the hole and get the flask that appears. Finally, pull the third lever, wait for a few seconds until the door unlocks then exit East.
5) .Helmís View Get the Emerald gem then exit East.
6) .Great Chamber Open the chest (Reading the book for clues) and get the dispel trap scroll and cure poison flask. Go down the stairs.
7a).Cellar Stair Open the chest and collect the mind blast orb and green gems (the gems you collect are powering up your mind blast spell in readiness for the final conflict). Exit East then South.
7b).Main Cellar Open chest, collect bless potion spell and urn, return to Cellar Stair. Place the urn under the steam hammer and pull the lever. The urn will smash and you should collect an emerald.
For a bit of fun in this room, try putting any garbage items under the hammer and pulling the lever! Exit East then East.
7c) .Great Cellar Open the chest and you collect the magic missile spells, but they are a bit of a red herring and almost useless. Exit South.
8) .East Cellar Open the chest and pick up the two red potions. As the note says, you can only pick up one of the black potions. They are both stamina, one has a single dose of 200 and the other 10 doses of 20. Get the 10 of 20 stamina potion and cast the bless potion spell on it this provides you with more stamina than casting it on the other potion.
Stand on the skull carving and throw the blood flask at the pentangle on the wall.
9) .Great Chamber You have now been teleported back to the Great chamber. You must quickly jump for the posts that have the caskets resting on them, getting the caskets as you go. Open the green casket and get all the gems. Open the red casket and get the dispel trap spell then exit South.
10) .East Passage STOP! You must now get all the gems, but beware of the floor, there are four pressure pads that transport you to one of the confrontations with Dianos ... Iíll leave you to discover which tiles are the bad ones! Exit South.
11) .The Seperator Avoid touching the black spheres as these will explode and harm you. Collect the key, pull the lever and use the key in the keyhole. Return to the Great Chamber. Use strength to pull back the wooden block from the door. Exit East.
12).Oubliette Search the skull, collect the token and the tigers eye gem, read the book. Return to The Seperator. Exit South.
13).High Passage Pull the middle lever. Climb the wooden ladder, trigger the wooden block by standing in the corner. You must avoid the flail, collect all the green gems and finally the key. Exit South.
14).Axelís leap Collect the money bag and the red orb. As soon as you go round the far side of the pit you will trigger the flails. Jump to avoid them. Exit South.
15).Sea Watch Dispel the trap on the wooden chest, open it and collect the extra strong spider poison and the money sack. Insert the Key in the keyhole and exit West.
16).Axelís Fall Time the moving of the wooden block, and insert the two emeralds into the eyes of the skull lock. Jump across the central block of the wooden floor and exit West.
17).Broksons Hall Open the wooden chest and collect the piece of lead and all the coins. Pull the upper lever and get onto the elevator. Drop the poison on the floor and the spider should drink it, after a few seconds the spider should die leaving behind a key. Pull the upper lever and go down to collect the key. Pull the lower lever to make the bars disappear. Pull the lower lever on the west wall and climb onto the elevator and go to the upper level. Use the key in the keyhole and return to the lower floor. Exit West.
18).The Void You cannot collect the flask or money sacks just yet. The exits to this room located about halfway along the North wall, and at either end of the West wall. Exit North.
19) Dispel trap on the strong box and open it to collect the coins. Collect the magic shield potion, stand on the strongbox to press the secret panel, collect the ruby that falls from it. Return to the Void and then exit using the lower of the West wall doors.
20).The Lordís View Touch the numbered panels until they are set to 7 4 1, this should unlock the door to the south. Exit South then South again.
21).Lords Watch Press the two secret panels to collect a red casket (be sure to read the note) and the two keys. Exit North
22).Side Room Open the chest, and collect what money you can. Return to the Void and Exit through the upper of the West doors.
23).Great Bridge Insert the two rubies into the first skull lock, then insert the key into the lock and insert the token into the slot. Exit West.
24).West Ward Collect the amethyst and the green casket. Open the green casket and collect all the gems. Now drink your strength potion and slide the wooden block so that you can reach the door and the lever. Pull the lever and exit North.
25).Magnuss Watch Avoid the steel shots and insert the amethysts into the appropriate skull lock. You can now open the red casket and collect the lead. Exit North.
26).High Parapet Pull the lever and climb onto the elevator, jump over the wooden platform with the book on it. Open the chest and collect the stamina potion. Return to Lords Watch via the Void.
27).The Void Collect the two money sacks and the turquoise water potion.
28).Lords Watch Drop the two lead pieces and Ragnarís bottle into the bowl. The bowl should bubble for a while and then reveal two pieces of gold. Return to Magnusís Watch.
29).Magnusís Watch Insert the two pieces of gold into the skull lock. Exit North and then North again.
30).Inner Watch Collect the key and open the chest. Collect all the green gems, the two jades , the red casket and the flask of blood. Exit East.
31).Calibanís View Drop the red casket and return to the Inner Watch.
32).Inner Watch Open the green casket and insert one of the jades, return to Calibanís View and open the red casket but do not collect the Bloodstone. Return to the Inner watch and repeat the process with the second jade.
33).Calibans View There should now be two bloodstones on the floor. Collect the Ďbloodí key and return to the Inner Watch, pull the lever and exit South to the High Parapet, throw yourself down the pit.
34).South Cellar Pull the lever and face the consequences. Exit North to the Main Cellar, unlock the door using the blood key and exit West.
35).Calibans Cellar Collect the piece of jet, open the secret panel and collect the banish scroll (this is to defeat Dianos). Stand on the carved skull and throw the flask of blood at the pentangle. You will be transported to Calibans View. Collect the two bloodstones and exit East.
36).Inner Ward Collect the petrify spell, cast this on the turquoise water potion and collect the turquoise gem that results. Exit North onto the Open Bridge.
37).Open Bridge Pull lever and exit North then West then descend revealed stairs.
38) You should now be down stairs. Collect the dispel magic spell. Open the red casket and collect the second piece of jet. Open the strong box and collect all the green gems. Return to the Ward Room.
39).Ward Room Cast the dispel magic on either of the power gems. This should provide you with the final piece of turquoise. Return to the Inner Ward and exit East.
40).Axelís Stand Collect the Orb, open the secret panel and collect all the green gems. Return to the inner ward and descend the stairs.
41).Cellar Stair Place the two red orbs under the hammer (one at a time) and pull the lever. You should now be able to collect two opals and return to Axelís Stand.
42).Axelís Stand Insert the two opals into the skull lock. Exit East.
43).Last Watch Drop the immortal potion, drink it while it is on the floor and run across the wooden spikes to the South door. Exit South.
44).Last Bridge The three skull locks accept the following gems: from left to right , turquoise, tigers eye, jet. Insert all six of these gems and exit South.
45).Guard Post Touch the skull lock and let your energy drain until it stops, you may then insert the two blood stones. Exit West.
46).Inner Chamber Open the strong box and insert the banish spell and the orb of Kamul. Drink the Stamina Potion to return all your lost energy from the previous room. Exit North and Exit West.
47).Dianosís Lair This is the main chamber where you will confront Dianos, remember it well. Exit through the middle of the West doors.
48).Great Cellar Collect all the green gems and return via the cellar stairs to the Last Watch.
49).Last Watch Collect the immortal potion, drink one dose and run across the spikes to return to the inner chamber.
50).Inner Watch Insert the immortal potion into the grey strong box and return to Dianosís lair.
51).Dianosís Lair Open the grey chest and collect all its contents (banish spell, immortal potion and mind blast orb). Wait till Dianos appears, cast the mind blast spell. Drink the immortal potion, approach Dianos and cast the banish spell on him repeatedly until he blows up. Collect his head and exit through the middle door.
In the last room your status will be displayed. You have now finished Cadaver!
This whole series of solutions has outlined the simple ways through the game. There are several hidden bonuses that can be achieved in all the levels, including a special way of killing Dianos. These bonuses will considerably boost your score.
Don't forget ... Another 4 levels of Adventuring can be had by playing 'Cadaver ... The Pay Off'.
Steve Kelly, The Bitmap Brothers